Special Interest Welfare

Oh, the glories of our free-market economy, where all businesses are free to compete for subsidization and shift the tax burden onto others.

I guess we'll know very soon if all the "fiscal conservatives" who run every state office in Georgia know what that term actually means. Because I'm fairly certain that the food stamps Newt Gingrich loves to hate don't cost his home state $10 billion annually.

I've never actually seen a "welfare queen driving a Cadillac" with my own eyes. Maybe I'm just not hanging out in the same places where the talk-radio guys get their intel. But I have seen more than a fair share of our Subsidy Aristocracy and their many luxury vehicles, and homes, and boats, and club memberships, and fancy vacations, and second homes, and....well, you get the idea.

But pretending American feudalism is the other way around sure keeps winnin' them elections! Why question what's working, after all?

.