Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernières Pensées (2010)




Genre: Atmospheric Blackened Post-Rock Shoegaze
About: A very unique take on what is already a very unique genre. Blackened Shoegaze. They only have black parts when appropriate. No screams, but blast beats and depressive guitar parts only when they feel appropriate. The album starts out really mysterious, then very heavy and dark. After 20 minutes of amazingness, we get to the title track, which is something straight out of suicidal black metal's book. A crow cawing. A sad acoustic melody. It makes me feel like I'm laying face down in the middle of a forest, lost for a week, and the crow is just waiting for me to die so he can peck at me.

It's such an amazing feeling that this song, and this while album gives. Finally, you have another heavy song, like a struggle. But then things start to look a lot brighter, a really light and content, almost cheery melody, like a new beginning after a time of terrible tribulation. I've been through feelings like that, so to relive it and know that I got through and I'm alive is just great. I can connect to it probably more than most people. If you don't like this album, I'd say its because you can't connect with the feelings it evokes.

4shared Download


Wow, 1 whole download in 3 days... Guess my blog's popularity spike (About 100 downloads of Anal*g Rebellion, and 500 downloads of B*rzum, in 3 days) was in fact a fluke. Well, if you want to buy this album (You know, since you downloaded my file, listened once, and then deleted it...), here's the link!:

Buy 2-cd Art Book, Vinyl, or CD!!